Canada Immigration | Eligibility | Fee and Process | Steps to Apply Canada PR
Expressway Immigration offer the world’s best Canada Immigration services and yet very affordable in terms of service cost.
We have the best team of experts and professionals who have been in the immigration industry for many years and are well versed with current rules and laws and will administer due process that delivers to clients a win-win success rate for their migration needs.
We are a global leader in providing best online immigration solutions and since immigrating to a new country can sometimes be an overwhelming process, Expressway Immigration Consultancy Services help to minimize these challenges, particularly the confusion and frustration that is often associated with the visa application process.
Canada is considered as one of the best countries to immigrate to and continues to grow in popularity amongst those seeking to live a good life in the west. Key factors why millions are choosing to move to Canada each year include:
1. Abundance of space – It is the world’s second-largest country with a comparatively low population density.
2. Brilliant healthcare system — Rated one of the best in the world, comes free of cost to Permanent Residents.
3. Diverse Population — The extensive immigration programs and inclusive culture ensures the diversity in population.
4. Attractive job market — The consistent stability in the economy provides for a huge scope of employment.
5. Low crime and violence rate — One of the lowest in the world.
6. Peaceful and friendly people – Most people find it easy to mingle with the warm and welcoming natives.
7. Breathtaking landscapes and natural beauty – Scenic beauty creates happy vibes.
What is Canada PR visa
Canada PR (Permanent Residency) gives a residential status to those who are not citizens of Canada but wish to reside permanently in the country. With its efficient immigration policies, Canada is among the countries with the highest immigration rates.
Canada PR Visa Programs
There are various programs through which you can apply for Canada PR and then for migration ensure that you meet the eligibility for Canada PR. All these programs have more or less similar requirements. Here are the various Canada immigration programs:
- Express Entry Program
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program
- Self-employed Persons Program
Canada Permanent Residence visa is a multiple entry visa, valid for 5 years. It provides skilled foreign workers with an opportunity to work and settle in Canada. It allows you to change your Canadian PR status to that of a Canadian citizen, after 3 years of stay and work on the PR card.
Canadian PR Requirements & Eligibility
The points required to apply for a Permanent Resident Card in Canada is 67 points out of 100. Minimum 67 points have to be scored under various eligibility criteria to apply for a PR visa.
|Maximum Points to be allotted
|Arranged Full-time Employment
Besides, the Comprehensive Ranking System or CRS score will assess the candidate based on factors such as education, work experience, age, adaptability, etc. If the candidate meets the required CRS score, they will be eligible for the Express Entry draw, one of Canada’s most popular and fastest immigration programs.
An aggregate of 1200 points are assigned to the candidates in the Express Entry pool, and in the bi-weekly draw, the one with the highest score is invited to apply for PR in Canada.
Eligibility for Canada PR
Permanent residency (PR) is one of the fastest legal ways to become a resident of Canada. It comes with a host of benefits like free universal healthcare and free education for children. Here are the Canada PR requirements that a candidate needs to fulfil to immigrate to the country.
An applicant should have attained 18 years of age to apply for PR in Canada. Till the age of 46, points are allotted for the age factor and it keeps on decreasing with your age. Maximum points are granted to the people of age groups 18-35.
Language Proficiency Test
To immigrate to Canada, a candidate has to prove his proficiency in either English or French as they are the country’s official languages. Therefore, they have to produce the results of their language proficiency test through an approved agency like IELTS for English proficiency.
Educational Credential Assessment
If you are a student or a skilled worker from an overseas country who wants to migrate to Canada, you need to provide an ECA. It will help Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to verify your educational qualifications.
One of the most important eligibility for PR in Canada is that the applicant must have at least one year of work experience. However, to get an invitation from IRCC to apply for PR in Canada, you need to score high on their score-based immigration system. A work experience of 3 years can help you to get good scores.
IELTS Requirements for Canada PR
Here is the minimum score you should have in IELTS for the eligibility to apply for Canada PR.
- Express Entry Program: You must score a minimum of 6 bands in all four modules (Speaking, Reading, Writing, Listening).
- PNP: Again, you need to score a minimum of 6 in all the four modules for this stream.
- SINP (Occupation-in-demand Stream): You must obtain at least a score of 4.5 in all the four modules.
If you are applying from India, meeting the required eligibility for Canada PR from India is important. The easiest way to increase your points score and ensure that you meet the minimum required CRS points score is through the IELTS examination. The better you score in the IELTS test, the better are your chances of selection.
Fee to Apply Canada PR
Although the costs pertaining to the immigration process is pre-defined by the Canadian government, the values still differ due to the fluctuation in the currency rates. Below you will find a compact break-up of the expenses to be borne when you apply for Canada PR from India.
1. Application Fee for PR visa – 825 CAD or 48,931 INR
2. Application Fee for Secondary Applicant (spouse/parent) – 825 CAD or 48,931 INR
3. Application Fee for each dependent child (Below age 22)- 225 CAD or 13,344 INR
4. Right of Permanent Residence Fee – 500 CAD or 29,655 INR
5. Language Proficiency Test Fee (IELTS) – 14,700 INR appx.
6. Medical Examination Fee – 5,500 INR appx
7. Police verification Charges – 1000 INR appx
8. Biometrics fee (per person) – 85 CAD or 4,983 INR
Biometrics fee – for families of 2 or more – 170 CAD or 9,966 INR
So, you are looking at a total expenditure of about Rs. 99,000 if you wish to migrate alone to Canada, bringing your spouse will take that number up to Rs. 2,00,000 approximately.
Proof of Funds:
(in Canadian dollars)
|Approximate Amount in INR ( **Approx. 1 CAD$ – INR 58.62)
|For each additional family member
Documents required to Apply Canada PR Visa
Planning your move to another country may involve a lot of anxiety and stress and there are a million things to take care of. Having all your official documents in place helps save a lot of time and lets you tick one huge task off your list. We have listed an estimate of all the documents you will require to apply for a Permanent Visa.
1. A Valid Passport
2. Proof Of Funds in Your Name
3. Education Credential Assessment (ECA)
4. Language Test Scores
5. Provincial Nomination Certificate or Territorial Certificate Of Nomination
6. Offer Letter from A Company in Canada
7. Marriage Certificates/Divorce Certificate (If Applicable)
8. Job Seeker Validation Code
9. All Your Medical Reports
10. Birth Certificate
11. Current Photographs
12. Letter Of Recommendation from Previous Employers
13. Your Personal Reference Code
14. Police Verification Report
Processing time for Canada PR
It takes usually 6 months on average to process your Canada PR visa application from India after you’ve received the ITA (Invitation to Apply). Processing time may vary depending upon the immigration program you have applied for.
Steps to Apply Canada PR Visa
Migrating to Canada is considered as one of the best options to improve the quality of life. One of the fastest pathways for immigration to Canada is the Express Entry program, which provides the chance to apply for Permanent Residence in Canada through the Express Entry pool. Here is the step by step process for Canada PR:
- Get your English proficiency tested through IELTS.
- Create an Express Entry profile on IRCC’s website.
- Complete your Educational Credentials Assessment (ECA) if you have completed your education outside of Canada. This would help you to score an additional 150 points on the Comprehensive Ranking Score.
- Once you attain the threshold CRS score in the Express Entry draw, you will receive an Invitation to Apply from IRCC. On receiving the ITA, you need to complete the application process within 90 days.
- Provide relevant proofs that support the verification of your medical and criminal backgrounds.
- After completing all the above procedures, your application will be reviewed by a Canadian immigration officer, and after that, you will receive confirmation of your PR status.
- Lastly, you can apply for a PR card.
Immigrating to a country like Canada will elevate your standard of living and promise to multiply your achievements. Its stable economy and a strong sense of ethics at the workplace will help you advance swiftly towards your goals.
How can Expressway Immigration Help?
Expressway Immigration is the leading immigration consultancy in Chennai, India backed by an efficient and professional team. Our Immigration professionals have helped more than 40,000 applicants to get PR visas to settle in Canada successfully. We are known for 100% success rate which redefines our expertise and track record in immigration services. We ensure an error-free application process so you can easily get your Canada Permanent Residency visa.
India is Canada’s biggest source of immigrants and now that the country’s economy is recovering from the effects of the pandemic, immigration has become more important than ever. This is the best time for you to dive deep and figure out your prospects at gaining a Permanent Residency in the world’s second-largest country.
- Free Eligibility Assessment
- Free Initial Consultation
- Profile Evaluation
- Resume Writing
- Documentation Assistance
- Professional guidance
- Dedicated Case Officer
- Post-Landing Services
Do you want to Immigrate to Canada?
Book a free consultation and start your Canada Immigration process now !
Call : +918939263766 |+919566507734 |+917092556334