Ontario Express Entry Draw: Province Issues 486 Human Capital Priorities NOIs
Thursday, 07 October 2021: Ontario immigration issued 486 Notifications of Interest (NOI) targeting 18 occupations in a new draw through the Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream on Wednesday. The Oct. 6 Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw saw NOIs issued to candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System scores between 463 and 467 points.
Nurses, managers, and human resource professionals were among 18 targeted occupations invited in the new Ontario PNP draw.
October 6th OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream draw results:
Number of Invitations Issued: 486
Targeted CRS Range: 463-467
Draw Type: Priority Occupations
OINP’s recent draw targeted Express Entry candidates with CRS scores within the range of 463-467. Those selected also had their primary occupation indicated as one of the following codes:
In this draw, the OINP invited candidates if they had work experience in one of the following 18 occupations:
- NOC 0114 – Other administrative services managers
- NOC 0122 – Banking, credit and other investment managers
- NOC 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- NOC 0125 – Other business services managers
- NOC 0211 – Engineering managers
- NOC 0311 – Managers in health care
- NOC 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- NOC 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
- NOC 0711 – Construction managers
- NOC 0731 – Managers in transportation
- NOC 0911 – Manufacturing managers
- NOC 1121 – Human resources professionals
- NOC 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- NOC 2161 – Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
- NOC 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
- NOC 3231 – Opticians
- NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
Invited Express Entry candidates need to have at least one year of work experience in one of these occupations in order to receive the provincial nomination. If they are nominated under this, or any other Express Entry-linked PNP, they will be bumped to the front of the line to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
So far this year, Ontario has invited 4,851 immigration candidates under this stream.
In 2020, Ontario invited 6,716 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination through the HCP stream, which made it Ontario’s most popular Express Entry-linked program of the year.
What is Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities Stream?
Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities Stream is aligned with the Express Entry system and invite qualifying candidates directly from the Express Entry pool. In addition to meeting the requirements to submit an Express Entry profile, candidates must also hold a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or PhD to be considered. Individuals must meet both the program requirements and the draw requirements to receive an invitation to apply for nomination.
Ontario holds two types of draws under the Human Capital Priorities Stream: Tech Draws and Priority Occupation draws. Each draw targets a CRS range and a set of NOC codes. OINP may also target additional factors depending on the needs of the province. While the NOC codes for the Tech Draws remain consistent, the Priority Occupation NOC codes change in response to Ontario’s labour market demands.