How to Convert Visitor Visa to Work Visa in Canada: The Government of Canada, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on 28th February 2023 announced that applicants with a valid Canadian Visitor visa can convert their visa into a work permit without leaving Canada. This temporary policy is extended by 2 years and will end on February 28, 2025. So, for all those applicants who want to work in Canada, this is a good chance to Convert a Canada Visit Visa into a Work Permit. This post will tell you how to convert your Canadian visitor visa into a work permit.
To benefit from this temporary Policy, an applicant must:
- An applicant must have a Valid Temporary Visit Visa from Canada.
- Have a valid status in Canada as a visitor on the day they apply.
- Have a job offer that is supported by a labor market impact assessment (LMIA) or an LMIA-exempt offer of employment
- Apply for an employer-specific work permit no later than February 28, 2025
- Meet all other standard admissibility criteria.
Benefits of this Temporary Policy
- An opportunity to convert a visitor visa into a work permit.
- You do not need to leave Canada. You can apply from within Canada.
To convert a visitor visa to a work visa in Canada, you can:
- Apply for a job in Canada
- Get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) Approved Offer Letter
- Apply for a work permit
You must meet all standard admissibility criteria and have a job offer that is supported by an LMIA or an LMIA-exempt offer of employment.
Visitors can’t normally apply for work permits from inside Canada. However, a temporary policy change allows visitors who receive a valid job offer while in Canada to apply for a work permit. This policy is valid until February 28, 2025.
Difference Between Tourist Visa and Work Visa
How much money required to convert tourist visa to work permit in Canada?
Canada Work Permit Processing Time
Canada Work Permit processing time varies from 2-3 months for overseas applicants. Because it depends on the type of work permit you choose to apply for.
Need to Apply Canada Express Entry Visa?
Expressway Immigration Consultancy Services (EWICS) is a committed team of immigration experts with more than 15 years of expertise. We have a 100% success rate while maintaining complete honesty and transparency with our clients, making us the most dependable Canada immigration consultants. We’ve established ourselves as one of the Top Canada Immigration Consultants in Chennai
Address: 709 Prince Center Building, 2nd Floor, Pathari Road Lane, Mount Road, Anna Salai, Thousand Lights East,
Chennai-600006, Tamil Nadu, India. Land Mark: Near Thousand Lights Metro station B2 Entrance.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday (09.30 am to 5.00 pm) ; On all Saturdays (09.30 am to 2.30 pm)